Oatmeal is a staple in the breakfast lineup, but if you want to try something a little different, this baked version topped with delicious fruit and nuts is a wonderful way to switch up your morning routine.
Recipe courtesy of Richard Blais and Morton® Salt
Ingredients: For the oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 large banana peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped golden raisins
Ingredients: For the custard
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups coconut milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut sugar to brûlée (optional)
- ½ tablespoon Morton® Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all of the oatmeal ingredients in a bowl big enough for the items to be mixed together loosely. Set aside in a baking dish.
- Turn your attention to the custard ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together all these ingredients except the salt and coconut sugar to make a custard mixture.
- Gently pour the custard mixture over the baking dish ingredients and bake for 30–40 minutes.
- Remove the baked oatmeal and top with the sugar and broil on high for 2 minutes or with a crepe brûlée torch.
- Finish with a sprinkle of Morton® Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt.