When it’s cold outside, we turn to soups. A great soup can make you feel just as good as sitting by a wood stove on a wintry day. This Cozy Winter White Bean Soup will warm your heart and nourish your body. It’ll sustain that warmth, too, filling you up and giving you energy to carry you right through the day. It’s full of nutrients and protein. Pair it with some crusty whole-grain bread to make the perfect meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the beans, potatoes, carrots, parsley, salt, 6 cups of broth, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour. If necessary, add more water and salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipes from The Yoga Plate: Bring Your Practice into the Kitchen with 108 Simple & Nourishing Vegan Recipes by Tamal and Victoria Dodge. © 2019 Tamal Dodge and Victoria Dodge.