Light, lemony, and garlic-infused, this creamy pasta dish with tender chicken will be a favorite replacement for heavier pasta in tomato sauce.
Serves 4 to 6
2 lb (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp (29 g) butter
1½ cups (354 ml) chicken broth
¼ cup (59 ml) fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp (6 g) fresh minced garlic
2 tbsp (19 g) cornstarch
Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon pepper, oregano, and salt on both sides.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large frying pan, and brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in a 6-quart (6-L) slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic to the pan the chicken was in. Bring it to a boil, and scrape up all the goodness on the bottom of the pan. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours (breasts will take more like 4 hours). The chicken will be tender, and will pull apart easily.
- Remove the chicken and ½ cup (118 ml) of juice from the slow cooker. Add the cornstarch to the juice, and then return it to the slow cooker. Cook the sauce for 30 minutes on high to allow it to thicken.
- Pull the chicken apart, and put it back into the sauce. Pour it over the pasta, and mix to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley.
*****Don’t forget after you try this at home, snap a photo and post on Facebook with #SGPartners for a chance to win prizes.