Around Halloween, mummies are everywhere—in costumes, in movies, and as decorations, so why not incorporate them into your Halloween dinner? This recipe for mummified meatballs is the perfect snack for a night of frightening fun.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 20 frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- Ketchup or mustard, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, then line a work surface with parchment paper. On the parchment-lined surface, unroll dough, pressing together any perforations. Cut the dough into 4 rectangles.
- With knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, for a total of 40 pieces of dough.
- Wrap 2 pieces of dough around each meatball to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to cover the meatballs.
- Separate the dough on one side to allow room for the face, then place the meatballs on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13-17 minutes, or until dough is light golden brown and meatballs are hot. Draw on eyes with ketchup and mustard, and serve with marinara sauce.