Small renovation projects can instantly take your home to the next level when trying to sell. Take some time on the weekend to accomplish these mini renovations that can be done in just a few hours. Your space will wow potential buyers in no time!
As easy as it is to get comfortable with the little annoyances, like a creaky door, they will stand out immediately to buyers and suggest that you might not be maintaining the house well in other areas, too. These simple projects can be done in no time!
- Touch-up paint projects like doors, rooms, or other areas that have seen a lot of wear and tear over the years that could use a fresh coat of paint.
- Replace the fake crystal, acrylic knobs on all sinks. Those old knobs can really be a turn-off to people walking through your home.
- Gender neutralize and depersonalize the living areas. A pop of color here and there and various accent pieces can breathe life into your space, but too much can turn people away. While you may be used to a quirky and eccentric interior aesthetic, not everyone will feel that way. Try to depersonalize those items and colors that may not work for most prospects.
- Tighten up all handles, and fix the leaky faucet. Nobody likes a broken appliance, and these fixes are easy enough when you put your mind to it!
- Clean the oven, stovetop, and dishwasher so they shine like new. Sprucing up these areas can instantly take your kitchen to the next level—especially if more extensive renovations are out of reach for the time being.
- Fix sagging screen doors, and make sure they’re all easy to open. A door that gets stuck too easily never sets a good example for the rest of the house, even if everything else is in tip-top shape.
These fix-ups will make your house stand-out to potential buyers, and will also make it easier to live in for years to come.
Don’t forget to LIKE our page so you don’t miss out on new content, contests, coupons and giveaways.