This will be the next big hit at your holiday table! Mashed sweet potatoes are topped with ooey-gooey homemade butterscotch sauce that’s studded with chopped pecans.
Ingredients: For the mashed sweet potatoes
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
Ingredients: For the butterscotch praline
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Bring sweet potatoes to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until tender, and drain.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip potatoes with cream, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Scrape into a casserole dish, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring brown sugar, corn syrup, and water to a simmer, whisking frequently. Simmer for 20 minutes, and whisk in butter. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes, and stir in pecans.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over sweet potatoes, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.